is Normalcy just Numbness?
Only Pain can tell:
“Invisible yet instrumental in releasing sense obnoxious/Heart throbbing realized as it echoes through one’s stuffed head/Interest feigned only when ache tramples throughout the body”
How pill pleases those who are ill!
(Never mind the effects that do not take a side)
- placed, wetted, diluted, mixed
- pushed, forced, gagged,
- sucked, sunk, drowned, disintegrated
- to Numb.
To return one to the Norm,
undefined yet deified
when all that one can do
is pathetically yearn
for wholeness, trueness, fullness
of blissful Numbness…
- Swimming colours interrupt solemnity
- Pulsing sounds deter away from fruitful thought
- Self pity wails away: “Oh woe is me!”
“If only I were well:”
- and a thousand new oaths follow…
- such copiously sanitary resolutions
- such strenuously optimistic inclinations
All in order to bargain for another day of being well…
all is forgotten when one is well once more…
When one is one and Numb once more.